Sunday, March 13, 2011

Poem of the Week: "Cold Spring," by Lawrence Raab

It appears that winter is finally coming to an end! This winter hasn't been very kind, with blizzards and icy temperatures and general grossness. I'm not sure there has ever been a year where I've been more ready for spring. And even though it's only a few degrees warmer lately, I've been back to going on walks and breathing in the fresh air. A couple weeks ago, I even got a taste of my beloved spring thunderstorms! Luckily, things in my personal life are going pretty well these days, too, so everything seems just that much better. Here's a poem that captures the feelings of this time of year. I hope you'll agree that it's a lovely little piece. Enjoy!

Cold Spring, by Lawrence Raab

1 comment:

  1. Love it! An excellent description of this time of year.

    ReplyDelete